Who, What, Huh??

I am me. I do stuff. The stories you are about to read are true. Names and details have been thinly masked in an apathetic attempt to protect the innocent-ish. Vixens, Heroes and Villains pepper their way through this blog. Monikers are to the left so you can gain a slight introduction.

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Itsy, Bitsy, Hairy Spider... had to die...

The past few days, there's been this clever, wily spider about the size of a nickel haunting my stairway. I call him clever and wily because he kept making appearances, peeking out, looking at me, then as soon as I'd run to get the spray, he'd vanish. I swear this spider knew I was tracking it. Knew I wanted it to be gone. And was probably laughing at me all the while. Seriously. Same damn spider for the past few days.

Well, today, I had the spray at the bottom of the stairs. I was leaving to go get the kids this morning and opened the door to the garage. Then, I felt something DROP ON MY SHIRT! I looked down and it was the DAMN SPIDER making an ambush.

Of course, me being me, I freaked and flipped the spider off of me onto the ground and grabbed the spray. Sprayed the crap out of it.

***I don't like to squish things because (a) I hate the way it feels (b) I hate the way it sounds and (c) I don't like the mess it makes. Also, I don't like it when the bug jumps or skitters to get away when you attempt to squish it. And I'm all for the catch-and-release method except that I really can't get near things like that in order to catch it and release it. If someone else volunteers, then, fine. Have at it. Not me!***

Anyway. That was the end of my itsy, bitsy, hairy, wily, clever spider.

No comments: